Discover how to get the most out of Winner’s Edge.
How do I become a Winner’s Edge member?
It just takes a few minutes to become a Winner’s Edge member! You can enroll in one of three ways:
1 - At the Winner’s Edge kiosk:
- Click JOIN NOW and accept the program’s terms and conditions
- Scan your Alberta Operator’s License or Alberta Identification Card
- Create a PIN for your Winner’s Edge card
- Visit Guest Services where a representative will ask to see your ID and provide you with your new member card. Just like that, you will officially become a Winner’s Edge member!
2 - At Guest Services:
- Show your ID
- Accept the program’s terms and conditions, and create your PIN
- A Guest Services representative will enter your information into the system and provide you with your new member card. You’ll then become our newest Winner’s Edge member!
3 - Enroll Online
- Visit WinnersEdge.ca and select JOIN NOW
- From the dropdown menu, select NEW MEMBER
- Follow the steps to create your online account
- Pick up your Winner’s Edge card at participating Alberta casinos
What kinds of ID can I use when I enroll for Winner’s Edge?
Acceptable forms of valid Government issued photo ID are as follows:
- Alberta Operator’s License
- Out-of-province Operator’s License with a photo
- Alberta Identification Card (non-driver’s photo identification available through private registry offices)
- Armed Forces Identification Card
- Certificate of Indian Status Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card issued prior to February 1, 2012
- Canadian Firearms License
NOTE: The Winner’s Edge kiosks only accept Alberta Operator’s Licenses and Alberta Identification Cards. For other IDs, please visit Guest Services.
How can I use my Winner’s Edge card to earn points?
To begin a session, insert your card in the slot machine or electronic table game reader as shown. You will automatically accumulate points for every dollar wagered, plus bonus points on special promotions. Don’t forget to remove your card when you cash out or leave the machine.
You can also use your card to access the Winner’s Edge kiosk, or show it to your server when dining to receive a discount on select menu items.
Can I share my Winner’s Edge card with my partner, family members or a friend?
Your Winner’s Edge card cannot be shared with your partner, friends and/or family members. The great news is that it’s easy for them to become members! Anyone who is 18 or older with a valid ID can sign up for their own membership. Once enrolled, they can also enjoy the perks of Winner’s Edge.
Is the program free?
Yes! Winner’s Edge is free to join.
How old must I be to join/play?
As long as you’re over the legal gambling age in Alberta, which is 18 years old, you’re welcome to become a member of Winner’s Edge.
Where can I use my Winner’s Edge card?
Currently you can take advantage of all the perks of your Winner’s Edge member card at Camrose Resort Casino and Century Mile Racetrack and Casino. However, your card will be accepted at all Alberta casinos by the end of 2019. Learn more.
Does my Winner’s Edge card work alongside my casino’s loyalty program?
Yes, you can enjoy the perks that each program offers. Because they are two separate programs, the offers and benefits of each program also remain separate and cannot be combined.
I’m a Self-Excluded (SE) player, am I eligible to join?
To help support a player’s decision to enroll as Self-Excluded, they are not eligible to participate in Winner’s Edge. Learn more about Self-Exclusion or visit our GameSense booth in any participating Alberta casino.
Do I need to show ID when I come in to pick up my card?
Yes, you will need to show your photo ID at guest services in order to receive your card.
Can I enroll online without an email address?
An email address is required for registration when enrolling online, or when creating your online account for verification.
If you don’t have an email address, you can enroll at a participating casino by visiting Guest Services or a Winner’s Edge kiosk.
What are the password rules for my online account?
To help protect your security, your password must be at least 8 characters including:
- An uppercase letter
- A lowercase letter
- A number or symbol
What is a verification code?
This is a unique number that is sent to your email inbox during registration, which provides additional security by ensuring the email address associated with your account is verified by you.
I didn’t receive a verification code in my email/my code didn’t work when enrolling. What should I do?
Please ensure that the email address you entered is correct and select the RESEND CODE button. A new verification code will be sent to your email inbox immediately.
Please note that the verification code may have been received in your “Junk” folder depending on your email settings.
If you are still having trouble after resending the verification code, please call us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343).
Why do I have to provide my mailing address when enrolling online?
Your address is used to verify your identity when you pick up your card at the casino. A Guest Services representative will ask you for your name and address, along with your photo ID to verify your registration before they print your member card.
In addition, we will mail our latest special offers to your home address and/or email inbox – so don’t miss out!
Why do I need to provide my phone number?
Great news! If you forget your card at home during your next casino visit, you can still earn points. At the slot machine or electronic table game, simply enter the primary phone number associated with your account and your PIN to start earning points!
How do I access my account information?
You can access your information through your Online Account or at a Winner’s Edge kiosk at participating Alberta Casinos. Your account information includes:
- Personal Information: Your name, phone number, mailing and email address
- Communication Preferences: Choose how you would like to receive updates on exclusive promotions
- Points Summary: Shows how many points you’ve earned each month, how many points expire each month, and your total points
- Ballots Summary: Shows how many ballots you’ve earned into monthly contests and allows you to redeem points for additional contest ballots
- GameSense Tools:
o My Activity: Provides win/loss statements
o Budgeting Tools: Help you stay within your own personal budget by allowing you to set alerts after you reach limits on spend or time
How do I unsubscribe from receiving Winner’s Edge mail?
Winner’s Edge mail and email updates are the best way to keep up-to-date on the exciting offers available to you. Update your preferences:
- Through your Online Account
- Through a Winner’s Edge kiosk at a participating Alberta casino
- By visiting Guest Services at a participating Alberta casino
- By calling us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343).
Please allow 30 days for your communication preferences to be updated.
I’ve lost my Winner’s Edge card. What should I do?
We’ll be happy to print a new card for you. Please visit Guest Services at a participating Alberta casino, present your photo ID, and a representative will issue you a new card.
Did you know you can also access your Winner’s Edge account on a slot machine or electronic table game without your card?
• When at the machine, select the keypad icon as shown below.
• Next, type in your primary phone number and PIN registered with your account and you’re ready to start collecting points!
• Just be sure to select CARD OUT when you are finished your session, otherwise your session will automatically end after 5 minutes of inactivity.
I’ve updated my communication preferences online. How long does it take to update on my account?
Please allow 30 days for updates to take effect.
I used the FORGOT PASSWORD function, but I haven’t received an email with a verification code. What should I do?
Here are some easy steps to follow …
- Ensure your current password is entered correctly and that your new password entries match and meet the password rules
- Select the RESEND CODE button
- A new verification code will be sent to your email inbox immediately. This email may show up in your JUNK folder depending on your email settings.
If you still have questions, please call us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343).
I can’t remember the email address that I provided when I originally created my account.
We’re here to help! Please call us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343). You will be asked to provide details associated with your account for verification.
Why can’t I update my first or last name online?
To protect your privacy, we require verification of your identity before updating your name. To update, please visit a participating Alberta casino, present your photo ID with your updated name, and Guest Services can help.
Why are my point totals different on my online account compared to the slot machine or Winner’s Edge kiosk?
The online account takes more time to update your points balance. Please allow 24 hours for your points to be updated on your online account.
What is my PIN?
A PIN, or personal identification number, is a series of 4-digits that you use to verify your card.
How do I create my PIN?
You create your PIN during enrollment, whether that be in-person at a participating Alberta casino.
What steps can I take to ensure my PIN is secure?
Please follow these guidelines when creating your PIN:
- May contain the first or last 4 digits of your phone number
- May contain the first or last 4 digits of your ID
- May contain your birthdate
- Cannot contain ascending or descending numbers in sequence.
- For example: 1234 or 4321
- Cannot contain duplicate numbers in sequence.
- For example: 7777 or 5555
Always keep your PIN private.
How can I update my PIN?
Updating your PIN can be done in one of three ways:
- Visit Guest Services at a participating Alberta casino and show your Winner’s Edge card along with your ID.
- Visit a Winner’s Edge kiosk at a participating Alberta casino. Log in and select the RESET PIN button, then follow the prompts.
- Log In to your Online Account and follow the steps.
What can I use my PIN for?
Your PIN can be used to:
- Redeeming points for free play: When you’re at a slot machine or electronic table game and want to redeem points, simply insert your Winner’s Edge card, then enter your PIN to verify your point redemption.
- Forgot your Winner’s Edge card? Use your PIN and phone number associated with your account to log on while playing.
- Link your card online: Use your account number and PIN to link the two together so you can access your account information at the touch of your fingertips.
- Update your account: Use your PIN to make account changes at Guest Services, or through our Call Centre at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343.)
How do I earn points?
You’ll be awarded points with every dollar wagered on slot machines and electronic table games. So, there are endless opportunities to earn points! You’ll also have opportunities to earn bonus points from special promotions throughout the year.
Please note that points cannot be earned while wagering free play.
Can I collect points if I haven’t entered my PIN in a slot machine or electronic table game?
Yes. As long as you’re playing with your Winner’s Edge member card you will collect points, whether or not you have entered your PIN.
PIN entry is only required to redeem your points for free play, or for extra contest ballots at the Winner’s Edge kiosk.
My points balance seems incorrect. What should I do?
We’re here to help! To check your account balance:
• Please visit a Winner’s Edge kiosk at a participating Alberta casino
• View your point details through your Online Account
• Call us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343)
I’ve earned points in my current play session, but they aren’t displayed in my account on the slot machine or electronic table game. What should I do?
Your points are updated every 15 minutes on the machine. To see your current point balance immediately:
• Card-out and card back in to the slot machine / electronic table game
• Then check your balance using your PIN.
If you are still not seeing your current balance, please call us at 1-833-WIN-EDGE (1-833-946-3343).
How do I earn points on my favourite games?
Earning points on slots and electronic table games differs depending on the game.
- Slot machines including video poker: Point ratio is $1 to 1,000 points. This means that for every $1,000 wagered, you earn 1,000 points worth $1 in free play.
- Electronic Roulette machines: Point ratio is $1 to 2,000 points. This means that for every $2,000 wagered, you earn 1,000 points worth $1 in free play.
- Replay and other Multi-Game ETGs: Point ratio is $1 to 3,000 points. This means that for every $3,000 wagered, you earn 1,000 points worth $1 in free play.
- Electronic Baccarat and Blackjack: Point ratio is $1 to 5,000 points. This means that for every $5,000 wagered, you earn 1,000 points worth $1 in free play.
- Earn even more bonus points through special promotions! Check out our upcoming promotions.
Do I keep my card in the whole time I play?
Yes. To earn points for play, you will need to keep your card in any time you are playing so we can reward you.
Do my points automatically get added to my card after I am done playing?
Yes, points are automatically added to your card as you play and updated on your account every 15 minutes.
Are there any games excluded from earning or redeeming points?
Points can be redeemed for free play on slot machines and electronic table games. Some specially marked machines are excluded:
• points cannot be earned or redeemed on PacMan Battle Casino;
• points can be earned but not redeemed on Catapult King, Lucky Words, Deal or No Deal, Brew Caps, High Orbit and Match 3volution;
• points cannot be earned or redeemed on VLTs or table games.
What is the iView?
The iView is a display screen on the slot machine and electronic table game, either on the main screen or just below it. When you insert your card to earn points for play and special promotions, the iView displays information on your promotions and points, and it allows you to redeem points for free play.
Does the iView affect my play?
What happens to the iView when I insert my Winner’s Edge card into the slot machine or electronic table game?
Once you insert your Winner’s Edge card, you can:
- Earn points for play
- View your account information (point balance)
- Redeem your points for free play
I prefer playing without the iView. Can I make it smaller?
Yes. As a member of Winner’s Edge, you can minimize the iView whenever you want (for example, while you play).
You can also select the full screen mode at your convenience to make sure you don’t miss out on Winner’s Edge bonus games and more!
What can I redeem my points for?
Winner’s Edge points can be redeemed for free play on all slot machines and electronic table games (excluding Catapult King, Lucky Words, Deal or No Deal, Brew Caps, High Orbit, Match 3volution).
You can also redeem your points at Winner’s Edge kiosks and your Online Account for extra ballots into member-exclusive contests.
What is the minimum number of points that I can redeem for free play?
The minimum redemption amount is 1,000 points which is $1 in free play.
What is the value of my points?
$1 in free play for every 1,000 points earned.
What is the maximum amount of points I can redeem at one time?
What is the maximum amount of points that I can redeem in one day?
Can I receive cash for my points?
When do my points expire?
Unused points from regular play expire 365 days from the day they were earned. Bonus points earned from special offers have varied expiry dates.
To verify your point balance and expiration month, visit your Online Account or a Winner’s Edge kiosk at participating Alberta casinos. While you’re at it, check out the exciting contests for Winner’s Edge members. They’re a great way to redeem your points for extra contest entries!
How do I redeem my points for free play?
It’s is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Insert your Winner’s Edge card into the slot machine or electronic table game, then select MY ACCOUNT on the iView;
- Enter your PIN to display your points balance;
- Select the amount of points to convert into free play in one dollar increments, confirm your redemption amount and let the free play begin!
Please note can only redeem points at casinos where Winner’s Edge is available. Check out what Alberta casinos currently have the program available. All Alberta casinos will have Winner’s Edge by end of 2019.
How do I get free play?
I know someone who received a Winner’s Edge special offer that I didn’t receive. Why?
How can I be sure I am getting all the special promotions?
Keep an eye out for special offers sent to your mailing address monthly. You can also access offers online, at any Winner’s Edge kiosk, or at Guest Services at a participating Alberta casino.
Can I give my Winner’s Edge special offers to my partner, family members or friends?
Can I earn comps such as hotel stays and tickets to shows?
What dining discounts do I receive with my Winner’s Edge card?
As a Winner’s Edge member, you’ll receive a 10% discount on select food and beverage items as advertised at participating Alberta casinos (excluding alcoholic beverages). Just show your Winner’s Edge card before ordering to confirm which items are eligible for the discount.
Do all my friends and family members get a discount on menu items?
The program offers exclusive benefits to members, including the dining discount. So, encourage your friends and family members to enroll today so they can also get in on the perks. All it takes is a quick visit to Guest Services and within minutes everyone in your party can enjoy the perks of being a Winner’s Edge member, including the 10% discount on select menu items!
How can I enter Winner’s Edge contests?
There are several ways to enter our monthly contests:
- Earn 1 free ballot every day that you card-in at a slot machine or electronic table game (no play required)
- Earn 1 ballot for every $50 wagered in a slot machine or electronic table game
- Earn 2x ballots every Tuesday based on your regular play
- Earn 10x ballots every Monday based on your regular play
- Use your points to purchase extra contest ballots through your Online Account or at a Winner’s Edge kiosk
Where can I find the latest information about Winner’s Edge contests?
Visit us online to learn more about this month’s contest, upcoming contests, and winners from our past contests.
If I redeem points for contest ballots, am I automatically entered into the contest?
Great news! As soon as you redeem points for contest ballots through your Online Account or the Winner’s Edge kiosk you are automatically entered in that month’s contest.
What does Winner’s Edge have in place to ensure my personal information is confidential and secure?
At AGLC, we know your privacy matters to you; earning and maintaining your trust matters to us. Protecting our members’ personal data is our highest priority. Our system deploys the latest security measures to keep our member information safe and private, including encryption, file integrity monitoring and auditing. Learn more by visiting our Privacy Commitment.
Do you share my information with third parties?
How does AGLC use my personal information?
How do I link my card to my online account?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 …
- Visit WinnersEdge.ca and select JOIN NOW.
- From the dropdown menu, select LINK EXISTING CARD.
- Follow the steps to link your card online.
What is my account number?
What is my primary phone number?
It’s the phone number you provided when enrolling. If you didn’t provide a primary phone number during enrollment, you will need to link your card using your account number.
I don’t remember my PIN. What should I do?
Visit Guest Services at any participating Alberta casino to create a new PIN.
How to use your new Winner’s Edge card.
Remember to bring your card to the casino each time you play – it’s your VIP pass to the Winner’s Edge experience.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Insert your card into a slot machine or electronic table game
- The front of the card needs to face up with the magnetic strip pointing to the right
- Leave the card in the machine for the duration of your session
P.S. Don’t forget to take your card with you when you finish playing
Together we all play a part. Revenue from gaming is used to support and strengthen Alberta communities.
Participation in Winner’s Edge must be in accordance with the Winner’s Edge Program Terms. Members enrolled in Self-Exclusion are not eligible. Must be 18 years or older to enter a gaming facility in Alberta. Subject to change without notice. AGLC reserves all rights. 1Bonus points must be redeemed within 60 days after first card-in and are exclusive to eligible members when using their member card. Cannot be combined with other special offers. 2Point earning and redemption is excluded from specially marked games. Subject to change without notice.